Saturday, January 16, 2010

Duncs - board update

There has been a bit of action on the board front of late from me, so I figure it is time for an update. Since my last post I have checked the gluing of the deck and fixed up any little spots that didn't fully glue up like I wanted. I have also put in a block of balsa under the deck for where the leash plug will be put in when the board goes to be glassed. But perhaps the biggest achievement is successfully inlaying my piece of wood from the Morning of the Earth house into the deck (see photos for position etc). I have also sanded back the overhang of the deck to meet flush with the railband. Continuing to sand the fins (4). Grant tells us that from here on in we really show our hand in terms of care and skill. Everything now is visible on the final piece, a bit daunting. Anyway check out how things are looking so far.




PS: Got some nice sliders this morning with Scotty and a couple of other mates at a perfect little lefthand beachie bank not too far from where I live. But like any good little rip bank that forms it won't be around for ever and I am not telling anyone but mates that I surf with where it is :) Hope you are getting waves in your part of the world. Peace.


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. fun waves they were!...hitting again tomorrow..the egg needs another test. Inlay look sweet..that tails is looking the goods

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, she is looking the goods Duncs. Amazing how much load you need to apply to the deck to get the skin to stick! When I need to borrow some clamps I know where to go. Inlay very cool. Well done.
    Dingo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those b/w photos are n-i-ce!! Looking forward to the rail photos!

    BTW, I've opened a new forum for wood boards and other alternative surfcraft, no members yet just me LOL! Come on over if you'd like!
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/alternativesurf/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers fellas, I have now also put on the bottom skin. Rails coming soon.

    Huck had a quick look at your blog, wow, that is an amazing board that you created. Top work mate, glad you like my shots.

    ReplyDelete